Note: This software is still in beta and may contain bugs. Find the latest released version on the download page.
- added support for several new paper labels and disc-printing printers
- added "center vertically & horizontally" and "resize to fit label" options to the Align menu
- the open and save-as dialogs are now resizable
- after a successful registration, the app will delete the "Register Acoustica CD Label Maker" desktop shortcut icon
- fixed a num-copies bug that occurred when using the Epson SDK
- bug fix: wasn't loading composer tags or non-numeric genre tags from MP3 files
- bug fix: rare crash when creating image thumbnails
- when you add a shadow to a new object, it will give it the same settings as the last shadow you created or edited for that kind of object (text, image, or shape)
- fixed a bug that caused shadows to display incorrectly in some cases for images that don't have alpha channels
- shadowized more of the built-in designs
- added support for direct-to-disc printing with the HP Photosmart C309a and C309c
- added a Preview option to the fade-edges-settings dialog
- added a "doesn't overwrite existing design" option to the save-as-design dialog
- added a few new drop-shadow presets
- shadowized a few more designs
- fixed a bug that could cause spine markers on DVD cases to display in the wrong places if users had edited the spine width
- added drop shadow capabilities for images, shapes, and text
- added a fade-edges feature for printable discs
- added support for the Epson printing SDK, which should allow users with direct-to-disc-printing Epson models to print discs without having to manually set the printer to use the CD tray
- the installer will download & install several bonus pieces of background art
- added a handful of new layouts, mostly for the jewel case back
- the "layouts" tab has been rechristened "designs" to reflect its new awesomeness
- Fixes a rare registration bug.
- This fixes a bug in the editable-spine-widths feature, introduced in version 3.24, that would cause spines for jewel case backs to get messed up if you edited the paper template.
- Added more than 100 new layouts. The addition of layers makes it possible to use shapes to create designs without having the shapes getting in the way when you're clicking on the label; hopefully this first set of new layouts will give you some inspirations for your own designs.
- Added locking for layers. (When a layer is locked, none of the objects on that layer can be selected.)
- The "Make objects in all layers clickable" option is now on by default * Added a toggle-the-layers-dialog-on-and-off hotkey (F7)
- Added a preference for using HP's updated LightScribe printing interface (it's awkward for printing to multiple drives simultaneously, but may help if you're getting LightScribe errors when printing - see the "LightScribe" page of the Preferences dialog to try it)
- Added support for the HP Photosmart D7500 series of direct-to-disc printers
- Lots of bug fixes and minor changes that we won't bore you with here
- Added basic layering support: you can add and remove layers, hide and show layers, rearrange layers, duplicate layers, move objects from one layer to another, adjust the opacity of layers, and set a blend color for the background layer (used when it's less than 100% opacity) Access it via the "Edit" menu by clicking "Layers..." See Help for more details.
- Users can now adjust the spine widths of plain-paper DVD case covers
- Added support for Blu-ray cases
- Added support for various DiskFaktory templates
- Added support for the HP D5400 series of direct-to-disc printers
- Fixed problems with direct-to-disc printing on Windows Vista for HP direct-to-disc printers and the Dymo DiscPainter
- Added a "Clear All" button to the Tracks dialog
- Added a disc-only project type
- The "Alignment" button on the Print dialog will now launch the edit-paper-types dialog instead of the printer-alignment dialog if the current label is set to print straight to disc instead of via paper (because the settings on the print-alignment dialog apply only to paper labels)
- bug fix: underline & strikeout for text not appearing in version 3.22 unless you had the "lowest memory" printing preference selected
- bug fix: possible crash when parsing .wav files with genre tags
- bug fix: drive brand & model weren't displaying in the LightScribe Diagnostics dialog
- It fixes a bug in the display of text objects that are scrolled partially offscreen.
- The uninstaller won't delete files that users have stored in the label maker's main install folder (though it will still delete them from subfolders of the main install folder).
- Fixes spine text limitation problem
- Cleaning up temp files better.
- the "Text Color" menu option now launches the Text Properties text-color page instead of the Windows choose-color dialog.
- bug fix: drawing issue on Tracks page of the instant-label wizard
- bug fix: the "display at full size" right-click option for thumbnails didn't draw backgrounds correctly for some PNG images with alpha channels
- bug fix: removed slight changes in text position/size when switching between full and partial opacity (this bug will still appear on machines with CPU speeds of less than 1.5 ghz unless you're selected the "Lowest Memory" option in the "Printing Memory Use" page of the preferences dialog, since the fix can cause noticeable delays on slower machines)
- the tile settings dialog no longer defaults to 150 DPI; instead, it defaults to 3 rows tall, or if that would amount to less than 150 DPI, however many rows it would take to be at least 150 DPI vertical resolution
- New version of installer used and will avoid Vista thinking that there is a problem with the install.
- added transparency control for text, accessible from the "Text Color" page of the Text Properties dialog. Probably the most striking use of this feature is to pair large-font transparent text with an non-transparent text background, making the text appear to be carved out of the background.
- the disc-editing window can emulate all LightScribe disc colors, using the same algorithm HP uses for its official LightScribe previews (previously, the label maker could just display in color or grayscale). You can change the disc color from the combo box in the top-right corner of the screen next to the LightScribe mode combo box.
- if you've got text selected, it won't display in the standard windows selection colors while you have the "Text Color" page of the "Text Properties" dialog open. This allows you to experiment with text colors & transparency without having to exit the dialog and deselect your text to see what your choices look like.
- the export-to-image-file dialog will now start remembering all settings from the last time you ran it: target folder, dpi, image type, and cropping option
- added a generate-a-random-color button to the text-color and background-color pages of the text properties dialog, so the label maker can generate color ideas for you
- enforcement of LightScribe modes is now optional - the mode combo box (the combo box with the full/content/title mode choices) can either choose a mode + layout or just a layout, as specified in the preferences dialog
- the "Add Row" button on the Tracks dialog will now insert a row in front of the currently selected row instead of appending the new row to the very end of the track list
- if you've got a direct-to-disc printer selected as your paper type/output target, the Print dialog will now attempt to find a printer to match that paper type and if it finds one, will set that printer as the selected printer
- moved the "use version 2 printing" preference to its own page in the Preferences dialog (the "Printing Memory Use" page) to allow more flexibility for users having memory-related printing issues. Though the interface has changed, the default behavior is the same as it was in version 3.17.
- if you've elected not to eject discs when LightScribe printing is complete, the software will beep whenever something occurs that would normally cause the disc to eject (error, printing done, time to insert next disc) so that you'll notice the label maker needs your attention
- bug fix: if the custom-colors bank was open on the text-properties dialog and you added a new custom color, the new color wouldn't appear in the bank until you switched to another bank and returned again
- bug fix: not correctly parsing or scaling wmf files that contain text in some cases
- bug fix: handling incorrectly formatted command lines produced by Internet Explorer when opening a .lbl file link from a web page
- bug fix: not creating thumbnails correctly for PNG images with alpha channels originally created in Photoshop
- bug fix: incorrectly handling hard returns when applying text edits (bold, italics, etc.) to text selections
- bug fix: not drawing selections correctly for sideways and upside-down text
- bug fix: not saving rotated images correctly in some circumstances