One of the most common problems is that the computer can't keep up with the CD recorder. The CD-recorder needs a constant stream of data from the computer. If it is interrupted too long, the burn will fail!
Here are some things to do to troubleshoot a burn failure.
- Try a burn in "Test Mode" first.
- Try a different blank CD (Make sure its not full or scratched)
- Try a blank CD from a different manufacturer.
- Try burning at a slower speed, especially if your CD recorder does not have "Burn Proof".
- Try checking the option to "Convert To WAV First."
- If you have more than one CD or DVD recorder, try switching to the other recorder.
- If you have Windows XP, try switching to IMAPI by selecting "Preferences" from the "File" menu. Select "CD/DVD Burner" on the left hand side and then check the "IMAPI" check box. (Try the burn again when in IMAPI mode.) ** Note that burning in IMAPI will have 2 second gaps in the burned CD **
- Try burning a short sound just to verify that CD recorder can still burn and is not defective.
- Try burning with another program such as Windows Media Player to verify that your CD recorder is not defective or having some kind of system conflict.