There are many many reasons why a burn can fail. Here are some things to check:
- Try a different blank CD or DVD.
- Do a test first
- Try a different brand of blank CD or DVD. Sometimes Sony CDRs work better with Sony burners or TDK"s get along better with Samsung burners, etc.
- Turn off or shut down other CD burning programs or programs that have CD burning capability such as iTunes, Roxio, Nero, Acoustica MP3 CD Burner, etc.
- Try burning at a slower speed.
- If you have more than one CD burner, try the other one. Shut down all programs running and leave your computer alone during burning.