Burning with Windows's IMAPI engine
IMAPI is only available on Windows XP and beyond. It will not work on Windows 95, 98, ME, NT or 2000! Since the majority of users have Windows XP, we have added this engine to help keep up with the ever growing list of CD and DVD recorders. If you find that one of your recorders is not showing up with Goldenhawk, try IMAPI.
- Select "Preferences" from the "File" menu.
- Click "CD/DVD Burner"
- Select/Click "Use IMAPI"
- Choose the recorder you"d like from the drop down list. 5. Click OK
Please note that there are the following limitations with IMAPI
- It always converts to WAV. This is part of the way that Window"s IMAPI works. (Thus, it is slower)
- It has a mandatory 2 seconds gap between tracks. This is because it burns in Track At Once (TAO) (Cross fades and no silence between tracks will not work.)
- If you want to make a mix CD where one song fades into the next, you can do it, but it will be burned as one track, which means that you can"t seek from one track to the next using your CD player.
- It only works on Windows XP and beyond.