I Am Getting Burn Failures
Here are some suggestions to troubleshoot a burn failure.
- Try a burn in "Test Mode" first.
- Try a different blank CD (Make sure it"s not full or scratched)
- Try a different blank CD from a different manufacturer.
- Shut down other programs and temporarily shut down your virus checker during a burn. ( Shutting down your virus checker should be done at your own risk.
- Make sure you are not connected to the Internet and have done a full virus scan recently.)
- Try burning at a slower speed, especially if your CD recorder does not have "Burn Proof".
- Try checking the option to "Convert To WAV First."
- If you have more than one CD or DVD recorder, try switching to the other recorder on the burn CD window.
- If you have Windows XP or Vista, try switching to IMAPI.
- Try burning a short sound just to verify that CD recorder can still burn and is not defective.
- Try burning with another program such as Windows Media Player to verify that your CD recorder is not defective or having some kind of system conflict.